Sunday, August 17, 2014

Easy, inexpensive DIY photo backdrop!

Miss P has been complaining lately that our standard backdrops are "boooooorrrrring, Mom." (Say it with an eye roll and a big preschooler sigh, and it will be a more accurate impression.) To be fair, we've been taking tons of photos lately, and I do tend to stick to our more neutral backdrops most of the time. We've been venturing outdoors for more photoshoots, but for a quick and easy set of photos I prefer to stay indoors. 

I've been eyeing a few new backdrops, but of course they're all more variations of neutral. ;) So when I was at Joann's this past week, the faux fur caught my eye. It was on sale, and is a nice wide width (60"), so I picked up 2 yards of the pink (and wow is it pink). For less than $20 I had a nice new 60" x 72" backdrop to surprise my little diva. (She was suitably impressed, thank goodness. Little brother couldn't stop petting it. With his face.)

"It's so....pink! And furry!"
It's definitely not neutral, and I doubt it will enter our regular rotation, but it's exactly what Miss P was looking for. Gotta keep our models happy sometimes, ya know?




P's top is a Rio Racerback from Peekaboo Patterns. Everything else is (gasp!) storebought.
For more updates and links to other fun and easy projects, make sure to stop by and like Handcrafted by RED on Facebook, and follow along on Bloglovin.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. your kids are the cutest and your clothes are awesome, r! when can i buy them! (the clothes, not the kids!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, B. I'm still working out some details, but hopefully I'll get some items listed for sale soon...we shall see! :)

      Delete