Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Kids Clothes Week, Day 2

Another pattern test was at the top of the list today, and I got started super early - as in, way too late last night. ;) Couldn't help it, this was calling my name and I couldn't wait to see how it turned out. Will share photos soon, but for now, another sneak peek:
(Also) Coming soon...

The pattern from yesterday's sneak peek has been released, so I can share a few more photos now. This was my first time testing for Terra's Treasures, and it was a ton of fun. I made three versions of the Town Square dress and top during testing, as Terra worked really hard to get the fun pieced neckline just right. This pattern was like a puzzle and I loved watching all of the pieces come together. The hardest part was picking fabrics! The first version (on the left) is upcycled from an Old Navy raglan tee, and I used the sleeves from that top as the side pieces for the bodice of version 2 (the Jasmine top). Found that tee at a Disney outlet when we were on vacation a couple of months ago and it was fun to make something non-Frozen for a change. ;) Of course, when I started to pick fabrics for the third version, Miss P begged me to use a Frozen tee for that one. Such is life with a 4.5 year old, or so I've been told. 

Town Square dress and top, tester versions 1-3
The Town Square dress and top pdf pattern can be found on Etsy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment